POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : xwing actually in a scene : Re: xwing actually in a scene Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xwing actually in a scene
From: ryan constantine
Date: 12 Jul 2000 17:36:39
Message: <396CE438.A5949BCF@yahoo.com>
i think the planet was at the origin, the cam was 25000 units in the
(moray) -x direction, the area light star (no physical object) was
1496000 units in the -y direction (scaled down from 149600000000. i'm
not sure where i got that number), and the area light was 69600 from
center to edge (i think.  also scaled down.  i think i was originally
using realistic distances in meters of our sun and earth).  by far side,
do you mean the top?  i used radiosity but you see what i got.
actually, the originals were larger, and i actually used less than high
quality on the jpg compression, so maybe it was slightly lighter.  i
know i said i was going to take a break from this model, but i haven't
been able to make myself.  the textures are getting better and better.
i now have two different objects/textures for the engine thrust.
looking at the films, it seems they use both small and large glows, so i
have made just that.  when one is used, the other is given a transparent
texture.  i have also been coloring the nose, the fuselage front top,
the canopy, and the rings on the engine and rear gear covers.  i also
added some brown to the overall dirt which adds nicely to the gray.
r2d2 should be done by the end of the week.